Saturday, June 12, 2021
1310 Taylor Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z6
10:00am – 4:00pm CDT
Meeting called to order – welcome and instructions
Motion to appoint parliamentarians
Motion to approve ballot team
Motion to approve minute review committee
Motion to approve agenda as presented
National Director’s Report
Motion to approve the audited financial statements as presented:
Consolidated Legacy Financials
CCMBC Non-Consolidated Financials
CCMBC Pension Plan
Motion to approve KPMG as auditors for:
CCMBC Pension Plan
Motion to approve the CCMBC General Operating Bylaws as presented.
Motion to approve the MB Church of Canada Collaborative Unified Strategic Plan as presented.
Motion to approve the 2021 CCMBC budget as presented.
Motion to approve the 2022 CCMBC Pro Forma budget as presented.
Motion to approve the revision of Article 8 “Christian Baptism” for the inclusion in the Confession of Faith of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
Motion to approve the Membership Regulation Policy as presented.
Motional to approve the National Credentialing Policy as presented.
Elections by ballot
Motion to destroy ballots on the approval of the minutes by the Executive Board Secretary
Motion to adjourn
Rules of Order
- We strive for unity and respect, involving the participation of all assembled, as we deliberate decisions that shape the future of our conference.
- Delegates should stand to speak at a nearby microphone or indicate you want to speak by using the “raise hand” function in Zoom. Please use the following protocol:
- Wait for acknowledgement by the moderator.
- State your name, church and community you come from.
- Address the moderator. Delegates may not dialogue with each other on the floor.
- Keep remarks to the point. Avoid repeating statements already made by another delegate.
- Take care to confine remarks to the motion or resolution under discussion.
- A delegate may speak to an issue more than once, unless there are other delegates who wish to address an issue. A delegate should not ask for the floor more than 3 times on one issue. The mover of a motion may answer questions to a motion as often as they are raised.
- Individuals other than delegates may be permitted to speak, subject to the decision of the moderator. The assembled delegates may, by a simple majority vote, override the decision of the chair.
- Only delegates are permitted to vote.
- For online delegates, the “Digital Voting Policy for Conventions of the Conference” will be followed. Additional instructions may be provided by the Moderator regarding any other meeting procedures required by online delegates.
- In general, Robert’s Rules of Order will be followed.